[R] Differences of correlations testing in R

rafael bartczuk at kul.lublin.pl
Wed Jun 13 15:00:38 CEST 2007

Good morning everybody,

I need to compare intercorrelations between variables.

My data were collected from 4 samples (with various number of subject)
containing 4 variables scores.

Some of my hypothesis are about the strength of relations
(the sign doesn't matter) between variables across samples.

I have such correlation matrix:

B ab
C ac bc
D ad bd cd
  A  B  C  D

my hypothesis are:

|ad|>|ac|
|ad|>|ab|
|ad|>|bd|
|ad|>|cd|
|bc|>|ac|
|bc|>|cd|
|bc|>|ab|
|bc|>|bd|

ac,bd > 0
ab,bc,cd,ad < 0

I would like to make above comparisons across the samples
I'm only interested in whether the pattern is replicated in all
samples not in the differences between them.

Is it possible to do it in R? (I'm newbie)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rafal Bartczuk

Institute of Psychology
Catholic University of Lublin