[R] pretty report

Robert A LaBudde ral at lcfltd.com
Wed Jun 13 04:26:17 CEST 2007

At 09:13 PM 6/12/2007, Don wrote:
>At 5:01 PM -0400 6/12/07, Weiwei Shi wrote:
> >Dear Listers:
> >
> >I have a couple of data frames to report and each corresponds to
> >different condtions, e.g. conditions=c(10, 15, 20, 25). In this
> >examples, four data frames need to be exported in a "pretty" report.
> >
> >I knew Perl has some module for exporting data to Excel and after
> >googling, I found R does not.
>
>I use write.table(), name the file with ".xls" as the suffix, then
>outside R I double-click on it and it opens in Excel. Granted, it's a
>text file, and Excel is opening a text file, but none the less, I
><snip>

Note that files with a ".csv" extension are also associated with
Excel and can opened with a double-click. Comma-separated-value files
also can be unambiguously loaded by Excel without parsing.

Robert A. LaBudde, PhD, PAS, Dpl. ACAFS  e-mail: ral at lcfltd.com
Least Cost Formulations, Ltd.            URL: http://lcfltd.com/
824 Timberlake Drive                     Tel: 757-467-0954
Virginia Beach, VA 23464-3239            Fax: 757-467-2947

"Vere scire est per causas scire"