[R] design package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Jun 11 18:05:22 CEST 2007

Which version of R????

For R-2.5.0, Design (with "D", not "d") does not pass the checks under
Windows. Hence there is no Windows version for R-2.5.0 currently
available on CRAN.

For older versions of R (down to R-1.7.x):
Please either use the Windows binary version, r.g. by typing
    install.packages("Design")
of the package or compile from sources yourself. Look like you just
uncompressed some source package without installing it.

Qin Qin wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I tried to install design package for R used under the window. But it dose
> not work.  Here is the message from R.
>
>> library(Design)
> Error in library(Design) : 'Design' is not a valid package -- installed <
> 2.0.0?

The error message means R, not the package.

> I did not find 2.x version of Design package for window 95. I installed
> one of two zip files available in the internet.

Is the really Windows 95?

Uwe Ligges