[R] generalized moment method

Markus Jäntti markus.jantti at iki.fi
Mon Jun 11 11:41:24 CEST 2007

Sebastian Kruk wrote:
> Dear everyone:
>
> I have to finish my thesis to graduate as Bs. in Economics.
>
> I choose to estimate a New Keynesian Phillips Curve (NKPC) for Uruguay
> using Generalized Moment Method (GMM).
>
> I do not know programming or R but I  would like to use it.
>
> Should I use gee, geepack or gam?

Dear Sebastián -- neither geepack nor gam provide GMM estimators. GMM -- or at
least minimum distance estimation techniques -- rely on fitting by linear or
more often non-linear least squares functions of smaller parameter vectors to
the empirical moments of your problem. R is a suitable tool for this, but there
is AFAIK know general GMM package.

The details of our model would need to be known before any further advice can be
given.

Regards,

Markus