[R] Barplots: Editing the frequency x-axis names

Tom.O tom.olsson at dnbnor.com
Fri Jun 8 08:42:06 CEST 2007

Hi
I have a timeSeries object (X) with monthly returns. I want to display the
returns with a barplot, which I can fix easily. But my problem is labaling
the x-axis, if I use the positions from the timeseries It gets very messy. I
have tried rotating and changing the font size but it doesn't do the trick.
I think the optimal solution for my purpose is too only display every second
or third date, pherhaps only use every 12 month. But how do I do that?

Thanks Tom