[R] mahalanobis

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Sat Jun 2 21:14:43 CEST 2007

Yianni

You probably would have gotten more helpful replies if you indicated
the substantiative problem you were trying to solve.

 From your description, it seems like you want to calculate
leverage of predictors, (X1, X2) in the lm( y ~ X1+X2).
My crystal ball says you may be an SPSS user, for whom
mahalanobis D^2 of the predictors is what you have to beg
for to get leverages.  In R, you will get the most happiness
from
?leverage.plot
in the car package.

mahalanobois D^2 are proportional to leverage.

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.