[R] What is the maximum size of a matrix?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 2 08:14:24 CEST 2007

Thanks Marc.  The information is in help("Memory-limits").

We are aware that at some point we will need to raise this limit and have
discussed ways to do so.  But it is not going to be an issue for a while:
working with 16Gb objects needs the sort of amount of memory that will not
become common for anouther 5 years or so.