[R] lattice grayscale "theme"

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Sat Jul 28 23:49:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

is there a grayscale setting for lattice plots?

I like the default color settings. I also like the settings that are
available for setting black and white with something like this:

ltheme <- canonical.theme(color = FALSE)      ## in-built B&W theme
ltheme$strip.background$col <- "transparent" ## change strip bg
lattice.options(default.theme = ltheme)      ## set as default

Is there a simple way of achieving something in between these settings
(using grayscales for the default colors)?

Thankful for any pointers,

Patrick