[R] Q: extracting data from lm

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:19:15 CEST 2007

On 27/07/07, Chuck Cleland <ccleland at optonline.net> wrote:

> coef(summary(lm(nu1 ~ nu2)))[,2]
>
>   Also, try the following which is often useful:
>
> str(summary(lm(nu1 ~ nu2)))

Oh, wow! Thank you.

Incidentally, just in case anyone got the wrong end of the stick, I'm
not at all complaining about R. It's good at my age to be faced with
something so different. And from an architectural standpoint I
appreciate its elegance and innate power. It's just the logistics of
knowing exactly what to type that causes me to feel overwhelmed, and
although I've become very used in the past couple of days to typing
?<something> I'm not much good yet at finding out how to help myself
if that doesn't tell me what I want to know.