[R] Large dataset + randomForest

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Thu Jul 26 20:26:11 CEST 2007

Florian,

The first thing that you should change is how you call randomForest.
Instead of specifying the model via a formula, use the randomForest(x,
y) interface.

When a formula is used, there is a terms object created so that a model
matrix can be created for these and future observations. That terms
object can get big (I think it would be a matrix of size 151 x 150) and
is diagonal.

That might not solve it, but it should help.

Max