[R] multiple graphs

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Thu Jul 26 18:30:17 CEST 2007

One of the nice things about the R Graph Gallery is that if you click on
the R logo underneath the graph (may need to scroll down a bit) it will
show you the code used to create that particular graph.

You may also want to look at the subplot function in the TeachingDemos
package for another way to add histograms to a plot:

Here is one possible example of this:

x <- rep(1:10, each=25)
y <- rexp(250, 1/x)

library(TeachingDemos)

tmp1 <- hist(y, plot=FALSE)
r <- range(tmp1$breaks)
w <- diff(tmp1$breaks)
plot(x,y, type='n', xlim=c(0.5,10.5), ylim=r)
for(i in 1:10){
	tmp2 <- hist( y[x==i], breaks=tmp1$breaks, plot=FALSE )
	subplot( barplot(tmp2$counts, ylim=r, width=w,
                       horiz=TRUE, space=0, xaxt='n', yaxs='i'),
               c(i-0.45, i+.45), r
              )
}

points(x,y) # just to compare