[R] lme or gls prediction intervals

joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com
Wed Jul 25 09:21:26 CEST 2007

Martin,

Have you checked ?intervals.gls

This intervals are approximate, but this would be the obvious starting
point to me.

Joris

             "Martin Henry H.
             Stevens"
             <HStevens at muohio.                                          To
             edu>                      R-Help <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
             r-help-bounces at st
             at.math.ethz.ch                                       Subject
                                       [R] lme or gls prediction intervals

             24/07/2007 19:22

Hi folks,
I am trying to generate 95% confidence intervals for a gls model
using predict.nlme
with
R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
. nlme: Linear  and Nonlinear Mixed Effects Models. R package version
   3.1-83.

I have looked in help, and I can do it for lm and glm models, and I
can generate simple predictions for lme models with various levels --
I am familiar with the basics.

Is there a way to get prediction intervals for gls models? My "best"
model uses varPower(), so I am reluctant to fall back on lm predictions.

Thank you,

Hank

Dr. Hank Stevens, Associate Professor
338 Pearson Hall