[R] Fitting exponential curve to data points

Andrew Clegg andrew.clegg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:20:03 CEST 2007

On 7/24/07, Stephen Tucker <brown_emu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hope these help for alternatives to lm()? I show the use of a 2nd order
> polynomial as an example to generalize a bit.

Great, thanks. If I want to demonstrate that a non-linear curve fits
better than an exponential, what's the best measure for that? Given
that neither of nls() or optim() provide R-squared. Sorry if these are
really silly questions.

> Sometimes from the subject line two separate responses can appear as reposts
> when in fact they are not... (though there are identical reposts too). I
> should probably figure a way around that.

Nope, my fault, I didn't read them properly and thought you were
demonstrating a different way to do exponential curves.

Cheers,

Andrew.