[R] Cluster prediction from factor/numeric datasets

Scott Bearer sbearer at TNC.ORG
Mon Jul 23 19:38:37 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a dataset with numeric and factor columns of data which I developed a
Gower Dissimilarity Matrix for (Daisy) and used Agglomerative Nesting
(Agnes) to develop 20 clusters.

I would like to use the 20 clusters to determine cluster membership for a
new dataset (using predict) but cannot find a way to do this (no way to
"predict" in the cluster package).

I know I can use "predict" in cclust, kcca, and flexclust- but these
algorithms do not permit factor data or use a Gower dissimilarity matrix, so
are unusable to me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Scott