[R] R2WinBUGS awkward to use

toby909 at gmail.com toby909 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 03:17:13 CEST 2007

Hi All

Does anyone know if I can avoid to use the write.model() function below? I dont
want to do this. Can't bugs() do that automatically for me just by specifying
the 4th argument 'model'? Just I like I am also using the 'inits' object!

If I use 'model' in the same way as I use 'inits' I am getting the error:

 > sim <- bugs(data, inits, parameters, model, n.chains=1, n.iter=5000,
bugs.directory="c:/Program Files/WinBUGS14", working.directory=NULL,
clearWD=TRUE, DIC=0)
Error in file.exists(c(...)) : invalid 'file' argument

Thanks Toby

data <- list(.....)

model <- function() {

[omitted]

}

write.model(model, "cwk.txt")

inits <- function() {.....}

parameters <- c("b", "nu", "S1", "S2")

sim <- bugs(data, inits, parameters, "cwk.txt", n.chains=1, n.iter=5000,
bugs.directory="c:/Program Files/WinBUGS14", working.directory=NULL,
clearWD=TRUE, DIC=0)

print(sim)
plot(sim)