[R] RDCOM and R versions

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 00:48:29 CEST 2007

On 7/20/07, Paul <fuzzyflou at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Dear R-helpers,
>
>  I have several versions of R installed on my computer, and I cannot do without any of these.
>  However RCDOM seems to authorize only one version installed. Do you know any means to overcome this problem ?
>  Thank you very much for your response.
>
> Paul Poncet

Don't know for sure how RDCOM selects the version but if its via the R
registry keys then, for example, running

   cd \Program Files\R\R-2.5.1\bin
   RSetReg.exe

will set R 2.5.1 to be the current version.

If that works then the batchfiles distribution at:

   http://code.google.com/p/batchfiles/

has two programs:

   Rversions.bat
   Rversions.hta

either of which provides an easier way to select among which version
of R you wish to make current based on the registry.  The .bat one is
a command line tool and the .hta one is a gui tool.

See the README file for more info.