[R] Questions regarding R and fitting GARCH models

Dale Smith dsmith at viciscapital.com
Thu Jul 19 23:07:34 CEST 2007

As for (3) below, we are also interested in the xi parameter from the
gpdFit function from fExtremes. It seems the fit classes returned by the
associated functions don't have the full properties as finMetrics has
for its classes.

My solution was to modify the appropriate fMetrics code, build a new
package, and install it. I haven't completed that yet. Are there any
other things I can try?

Dale Smith
Vicis Capital, LLC