[R] Fwd: THANK YOU: Updating R version

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:54:40 CEST 2007

Note that the batchfiles distribution on CRAN has two batch
programs:

copydir.bat
movedir.bat

that simplify the copying portion of the procedure you
discuss below.  They can copy or move (copying
preserves the old directory but moving is much faster)
each package but will not overwrite existing packages
so the new versions of packages are preserved while the
old ones are added.  Here is an example using copydir.
Replace copydir with movedir below to move rather than copy:

  cd \Program Files\R
  copydir R-2.4.1\library R-2.5.0\library

See the batchfiles' home page at:

  http://code.google.com/p/batchfiles/

The README file contains the instructions given above (and more) and
also a number of alternative procedures that do not involve the use of
the batchfiles.