[R] unixtime conversion

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Sat Jul 14 06:16:46 CEST 2007

Hi,

is there an R function to convert unixtime to one of the R time
formats (using chron or POSIXct)?

Example data:

unixtime       year  month      day     hour
1183377301     2007  7          2       13

I would like to only use the first column.

If such a function does not exist: What would be a good input format
for R (I could parse the input using AWK or other GNU/Linux tools).

TIA,

Patrick

> version
               _
platform       i486-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i486
os             linux-gnu
system         i486, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          5.1
year           2007
month          06
day            27
svn rev        42083
language       R
version.string R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)