[R] Algorythmic Question on Array Filtration

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri Jul 13 16:54:50 CEST 2007

Dear All,

I have a data frame with the columns "Mass" and "Intensity" (this is mass
spectrometry stuff). Each of the mass values gives rise to a mass window of
5 ppm around the individual mass (from mass - mass/1E6*5 to mass +
mass/1E5*5). I need to filter the array such that in case these mass
windows overlap I retain the mass/intensity pair with the highest
intensity.
I apologize for this question, but I have no formal IT education and would
value any nudges toward favorable algorithmic solutions highly.

Thanks for any help,

Joh