[R] eMail results out of R

Scillieri, John John.Scillieri at constellation.com
Thu Jul 12 16:49:03 CEST 2007

We use a program called Blat (www.blat.net) on Windows to email out
results of overnight runs. If you're on Unix/Linux you can definitely do
a similar thing using one of the hundreds of command line utils.

The R code is similar to below:

sendEmail <- function(from, to, subject, body)
{
  BLAT <- "PATH TO BLAT.EXE"
  MAILSERVER <- "your mail server here";

  command <- paste(BLAT, "-", "-to", dQuote(to), "-server",
    MAILSERVER, "-s", dQuote(subject), "-f", dQuote(from))

  system(command, input=body)
}

HTH,

John Scillieri