[R] Help in installing rggobi in ubuntu linux

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jul 10 06:00:41 CEST 2007

On 9 July 2007 at 22:38, Michael Lawrence wrote:
| Looks like rggobi can't find GGobi. Make sure that PKG_CONFIG_PATH contains
| the path to your ggobi.pc file. For example:
|
| export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
|
| I would have assumed, however, that the ggobi package would have installed
| to the /usr prefix, in which case pkg-config should have no problem finding
| GGobi.
|
| On 7/8/07, Kenneth Cabrera <krcabrer at une.net.co> wrote:
| >
| > Hi R users.
| >
| > I am experimenting with ubuntu 7.04 Feisty.
| >
| > I install the ggobi package with apt-get.
| >
| > I got almost all the packages, but
| > when I try to obtain rggobi, I got

Why don;t you install the Rggobi that is provided via Ubuntu?  It is version
2.1.4-4-1 and it corresponds to the 2.1.4-2 version of Ggobi you just
installed. Just do 'sudo apt-get install r-omegahat-ggobi'

On Debian, we are now at 2.1.5-* for both (and we renamed it r-cran-rggobi as
it now resides on CRAN).

Hth, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison