[R] adding latex, html docs. to new packag

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Jul 9 11:09:12 CEST 2007

Edna Bell wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> How do I create the Latex and HTML files for documentation for a new
> package, please?
>
> Is there something in the R CMD stuff that would do it, or do I need
> to produce by hand, pleaes?

As the manual "Writing R Extensions" suggests, please write your
documentation in the Rd format. Those files are converted automatically
to latex and html (among other format) when the package is installed.

Skeletons for the help files can be generated using prompt() or for a
whole package, see ?package.skeleton.

Uwe Ligges