[R] EM algorithm for Missing Data.

Simon Blomberg s.blomberg1 at uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 9 04:40:11 CEST 2007

Sure! Read this:

 MAXIMUM LIKELIHOOD FROM INCOMPLETE DATA VIA EM ALGORITHM
Author(s): DEMPSTER AP, LAIRD NM, RUBIN DB
Source: JOURNAL OF THE ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY SERIES B-METHODOLOGICAL
39 (1): 1-38 1977

then read the posting guide.

Simon.

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 23:20 -0300, Marcus Vinicius wrote:
> Dear all,
> I need to use the EM algorithm where data are missing.
> Example:
> x<- c(60.87, NA, 61.53, 72.20, 68.96, NA, 68.35, 68.11, NA, 71.38)
>
> May anyone help me?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marcus Vinicius
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
Faculty of Biological and Chemical Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia

Room 320, Goddard Building (8)
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.