[R] longitudinal data

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 16:13:22 CEST 2007

The question is, how is the missing data accounted for?  Is this a CSV
file where the missing data is left blank?  If it is just separated by
white space, how do you know that var1 is missing is var2 is there?

If it is the case that just the initial values are there, then you can
use fill=TRUE on read.table which will supply NAs for the trailing
values in uneven rows.

You need to provide a reproducible script/data so that we have a
better chance of answering your questions.