[R] Me again, about the horrible documentation of tcltk

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Fri Jul 6 13:32:29 CEST 2007

[sorry for the previous mis-typed message... my mouse is
playing evil tricks against me [*]]

Philippe Grosjean wrote:

> For those who are interested, I just cook a little tcltkHelp()
> function to ease access to the Tcl/Tk documentation under Windows.
> This is on the Wiki discussion of the TkCommands help page at:
> http://wiki.r-project.org/rwiki/doku.php?id=rdoc:tcltk:tkcommands
> Best,

The help is Windows-only, isn't it? I use Windows (at work and
eventually at home) and Linux (at home). Maybe this is off-topic
(it's more a bug of tcl/tk then of the tcltk R library), but this
tk_getOpenFile opens a nice window in Windows, but a mutilated
window in Linux, that does not show any file information except
filename. That's why I wanted to know if there was a way to
improve the function call - I think there isn't.

Alberto Monteiro

[*] I am neither paranoid nor animistic!