[R] Me again, about the horrible documentation of tcltk

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Thu Jul 5 22:08:11 CEST 2007

How on Earth can I know what are the arguments of any of the functions of
the tcl/tk package? I tried hard to find, using all search engines
available, looking deep into keywords of R, python's tkinter and tcl/tk, but
nowhere I found anything remotely similar to a help.

For example, what are the possible arguments to tkgetOpenFile?

I know that this works:

library(tcltk)
filename <- tclvalue(tkgetOpenFile(
  filetypes="{{Qorn Files} {.jpg}} {{All files} {*}}"))
if (filename != "") cat("Selected file:", filename, "\n")

but, besides filetypes, what are the other arguments to
tkgetOpenFile? I would like to force the files to be sorted by
time, with most recent files coming first (and no, the purpose is
not to use for qorn files).

Alberto Monteiro