[R] working with R graphics remotely

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Thu Jul 5 14:05:46 CEST 2007

Better still IMHO - try NX or FreeNX.  That runs an xclient (also of course an
xserver underneath) on your WIndows desktop.   Windows pop up as required.
NX compression means that you get very impressive speed, mouse response etc.

A server also needs installing on the Linux box so you may have to negotiate
with the sysadmins.   I don't think you can install it under an ordinary
user.

NX: www.nomachine.com
FreeNX: freenx.berlios.de
FreeNX uses core libraries kindly provided by NX