[R] Problems using imported data

Stephen Tucker brown_emu at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 05:39:43 CEST 2007

Actually, I believe attach() and detached() is discouraged nowadays...

x <- read.delim("Filename.txt", header=TRUE)

You can access your data by column:

or if your first column is named "Col1" and the third "Col3",

and you can do the same to access by row - by indices or rownames [which you
can set with "rownames<-", see help("rownames<-")]

Alternatively, with this type of data [created by the read.delim() function]
you can also access with the following syntax:

...hope this helps