[R] xyplot and autokey, maintaining colors specified via "col" in key

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:00:44 CEST 2007

Don't know what you did regarding par.settings to not get the desired
result but that is, in fact, the way to go since both the key and the plot
lines will get their colors from that:

xyplot(outcome ~ time, dat.ex, groups=drug, type=c("g", "smooth"),
auto.key = list(space = "top",  text = levels(dat.ex$drug),
points=FALSE, lines=TRUE ),
par.settings = list(superpose.line = list(col = rainbow(3))))