[R] estimating a generalized autocorrelated model

Helter Two heltertwo at care2.com
Mon Jul 2 14:38:22 CEST 2007

Hi, I want to estimate a model of the following form:

y = a1W1y + X1beta1 + e
e = a2W2e + X2beta2 + nu
with y a vector of proportions or counts and W a matrix of weights.

In other words, autocorrelation occurs for the response variable y and for the disturbance term e. Ideally, at either level multiple W matrices could be included and X1 and X2 could be (partly) different (or X2 could be absent). But the most important thing is to be able to include a count/proportion response variable in the autocorrelation model.

Does anyone know of a function in a package to estimate such a model? I have found some functions that capture small parts of this, but especially the option of a "generalized" model with a count reponse hasn't shown up yet. But perhaps it exists under names I am not familiar with.

thanks a lot,
Hank Stevens (PhD. student)

http://toolbar.Care2.com  Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).

http://www.Care2.com  Green Living, Human Rights and more - 7 million members!