[R] working with R graphics remotely

zhihua li lzhtom at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 03:47:57 CEST 2007

Hi netters,

Now I'm connecting from my local windows machine to a remote linux machine
and launch R out there using SSH. When I tried to create grahics, like
using plot or heatmap, I cannot see the output. Maybe a new R window
displaying the graphics has popped out in the remote machine? Or I need to
change some settings for the graphics to display? I don't know. I googled
it and tried dev.copy but it didn't work. Can anyone help me here? I need
to be able to see the output graphics and save it to a file (like jpeg)

Thanks a lot!