[R] Difficulty with compiling R-2.4.1 on solaris 10

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Jan 30 23:35:06 CET 2007

Andrew John Duba wrote:
> I am trying to compile R-2.4.1 in 64-bit on Solaris 10 running on AMD
> hardware.  I am trying to do this with Sun Studio 11.

Oi!! We heard you the first three times. And you are still on the wrong
list (this belongs on r-devel.)

Spamming the list will only annoy the people you are trying to get to
help you....

Unfortunately, Solaris users are becoming scarce, and those with
commercial compilers even more.
Some of the missing symbols, e.g. Rf_qt, are supposed to sit inside
libnmath.a, so checking whether that looks OK (use the 'nm' command, I
think) could be helpful.