[R] how to create daily / weekly ts object?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 17:20:46 CET 2007

If you want the dates to show up as such you are better off using
a zooreg object with times of class "Date" from the zoo package.
You can always use as.ts on it if you require a ts object.

library(zoo)
zd <- zooreg(1:10, start = Sys.Date())
zd
as.ts(zd)
plot(zd)

zw <- zooreg(1:10, start = Sys.Date(), delta = 7)
zw
as.ts(zw)

plot(zw, type = "p")
points(zd, pch = "+")