[R] cov.nnve error message

Talbot Katz topkatz at msn.com
Tue Jan 23 19:18:49 CET 2007

Hi.

I have a data matrix of size 3072x1910.  I can compute a standard 1910x1910
covariance matrix for this, and it comes out positive definite.  I wanted to
compute a robust covariance matrix with cov.nnve (in the covRobust library).
  It failed with the following error message:

Error in while (abs(loglik.new - loglik.old)/(1 + abs(loglik.new)) >
convergence) { :
        missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
In addition: Warning message:
value out of range in 'gammafn'

So I'm seeking advice / assistance.  I have also tried covRob (in the robust
library), which has some different methods for robust covariance estimation,
but it runs out of memory (I usually have about 1.5Gb available).

--  TMK  --
212-460-5430	home
917-656-5351	cell