[R] for loop problem

aat adam_6242 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 21 05:21:36 CET 2007

Hello R users,

A beginners question which I could not find the answer to in earler posts.

My thought process:
Here "z" is a 119 x 15 data matrix
Step 1: start at column one, bind every column with column 1
Step2: use the new matrix, "test", in the fitCopula package
Step3: store each result in myfit, bind each result to "answer"
Step4: return "answer"

copula_est <- function(z)
{
	for(i in 1:length(z[1,]))
	{
		my.cop <- normalCopula(param = 0.5, dim = 2)
		test <- cbind(z[,1],z[,i])
		myfit[i] <- fitCopula(test,my.cop, start=0.3)
	}
	answer <- cbind(myfit[i])
	return(answer)
}

Errors received:
Error: object "test" not found

Could my syntax be incorrect, or is it  a deeper faulty logic error.
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

aat