[R] x-axis in filled.contour

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Jan 19 17:51:30 CET 2007

The filled.contour function first plots the contour plot, then the
legend to the side.  The plotting parameters that are in effect after
the call are based on the legend, not the original plot, so the
coordinate system apears to be messed up.  One way around this is to use
the plot.axis argument to do your annotation, look at the example in
?filled.contour that is labelled  # Annotating a filled contour plot

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center