[R] Conflict in .Rprofile documentation FAQ vs. Help?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Jan 16 00:05:19 CET 2007

[Brian Ripley]

>No one actually said it was a *working* example [...]

Do you mean that, whenever we see something presented as an example
within or around the R system, we should not take it as dependable
unless it is explicitly said to be working?

> (and it is enclosed in \dontrun{})

Within the R online help system, many examples are marked so they are
not run.  I naively thought they were not run for friendly reasons, like
for example, not inordinately impacting the user's environment.  Should
I read you as saying that those examples are not to be believed?

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca