[R] Fwd: Re: R grahics: Save as hangs computer

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Fri Jan 5 05:30:56 CET 2007

R is actually smarter than that.  The bounding box is square.
>From

plot(1:10)
dev.copy2eps(file="tmp.eps")

The bounding box (which you can see by opening tmp.eps in emacs) is
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 517 517
and LaTeX will therefore interpret it correctly.  GSview is misleading
you since it puts that square region at one end of the rectangle
implied by the GSview setting of media at "letter" or "A4".

In addition to most likely not needing to crop, there are many ways to crop
the image.

If cropping is just to get rid of white space, I usually do it in LaTeX by
adding some negative space
\height{-2in}
inside the figure environment.

Rich