[R] setting new working directories

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:30:10 CET 2007

If you are working on Windows XP then downlaod the batchfiles
distribution whose home page is at:

http://code.google.com/p/batchfiles/

This will provide a bunch of batch files that are useful in connection
with using R.

At the Windows console this command shows you your path

   path

so place Rgui.bat from the batchfiles distribution in any of
the folders listed in the path or in the folder you want to be
your working directory.  Then issue this command at the
Windows console:

  Rgui.bat

That will start up R with the working directory set to the current
directory.

It also automatically finds which version of R you are using from the
registry so you don't have to do anything each time you install
a new version of R (unlike other methods).