[R] export many plots to one file

bogdan romocea br44114 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 17:35:27 CET 2007

Dear useRs,

I have a few hundred plots that I'd like to export to one document.
pdf() isn't an option, because the file created is prohibitively huge
(due to scatter plots with many points). So I have to use png()
instead, but then I end up with a lot of files (would prefer just
one).

1. Is there a way to have pdf() embed images, instead of vector
instructions? (What would have to be changed/added, and where? I'd
consider that a very useful feature.)

2. Does anyone have a script for importing many images (png, bitmap,
jpg) into one PDF file? I'd prefer something that works both on
Windows and GNU.

Thank you,
b.