[R] mcmcsamp and variance ratios

Martin Henry H. Stevens hstevens at muohio.edu
Wed Jan 3 19:44:09 CET 2007

Hi folks,
I have assumed that ratios of variance components (Fst and Qst in
population genetics) could be estimated using the output of mcmcsamp
(the series on mcmc sample estimates of variance components).

What I have started to do is to use the matrix output that included
the log(variances), exponentiate, calculate the relevant ratio, and
apply either quantile or or HPDinterval to get confidence intervals.

This seems too simple but I can't think of what is wrong with it.

All thoughts appreciated.

-Hank

Dr. Hank Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall