[R] loading data and executing queries with R and Mysql

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 15:54:55 CET 2007

Without any actual example Ias requested in the footer of this message) I
can only guess, but the most common cause of slow queries is the lack of
indices in the database, so did you create any?

You haven't told us your actual OS (beyond 'Windows'), but a guess is that
your processes are I/O bound, and that your file system could well do with
a tune.  For example, if this is NTFS, is there lots (at least 30%) of
free space and did you defragment it after saving the data?