[R] understanding integer divide (%/%)

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed Jan 3 14:29:14 CET 2007

This is due to the internal representation of 0.1, which is not exactly
0.1 but very close to it. If you want to do an integer divide, you
should only use integers to divide with.

Cheers,

Thierry

----

ir. Thierry Onkelinx

Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Reseach Institute for Nature
and Forest

Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance

Gaverstraat 4

9500 Geraardsbergen

Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185

Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be

www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt

A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney