[R] New to R

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Mon Jan 1 12:48:07 CET 2007

On Dec 31, 2006, at 10:15 PM, Obinna Duru wrote:

> I have installed acepack but efforts to get started has been
> unsuccessful. I can't seem to be able to load my data files because I
> am yet to figure the syntax to use. Is there a work directory in R
> where I can put my files and call them anytime, like in Matlab? My
> files are on my C drive and I just can't figure the syntax to get
> them into R.

Start by looking at
intall.packages('foreign') # if not installed

and then

followed by the more general
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/