[R] recording graphics going from lattice to traditional plots, and issues with log axes

Michael D. Rennie mrennie at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 27 20:20:51 CET 2007

Hi there

I am using the options(graphics.record = TRUE) command to keep track of
my plots as I execute them. However, if I do a couple of plots using the
lattice package (i.e., xyplots(y ~ x, ...), then go back to using the
traditional graphics state (i.e., plot(y, x, etc...), then I can't go
back to see the lattice plots.

Is the answer here "just stick with one graphics platform"? The reason
I'm switching back and forth is that I am plotting logarithmic axes. In
both the traditional state (plot(y, x,....)) and in the lattice plots
(xyplot(y~x,... ,)) the arguments

...xlog = TRUE, ylog = TRUE, .......

don't do anything, and the only way I can get my log log axes is to do a
traditional plot with the argument

log = "xy"

which doesn't do anything in the lattice framework.

Any suggestions on either of these issues (recording and log axes)?

Cheers,

Mike

--
Michael D. Rennie