[R] Chi Square with two tab-delimited text files

David Barron mothsailor at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 26 14:38:48 CET 2007

In that case, you can just ignore the expected values and use the
observed values in the chisq.test.  The reason you got a p value of 1
before is because the second argument was ignored, and so you did a
chi square test on the expected values alone.

If you have loaded the obseved values into a matrix y using read.table
as in your first example, then just use chisq.test(y).  But you should
notice that you have a lot of zero cells and so probably lots of small
expected values, which is a problem for the chi square test.

--
David Barron