[R] Estimating a bivariate VAR(X) and using F-tests

Leeds, Mark (IED) Mark.Leeds at morganstanley.com
Wed Feb 21 23:38:16 CET 2007

I would like to estimate bivariate VAR(X) models where I don't know the
optimal lag length X and would also like to use
F-tests to determine the granger causality of each of the variables. I'm
aware of Achim's econometric packages description but I was wondering if
someone could recommend a specific R econometrics package that does
this.

If it is recommended to use the sort of ideas that Bernard Pfaff gives
in his yellow cointegration book, then
that's fine also. Thanks a lot