[R] linux gplots install unhappy

Randy Zelick zelickr at pdx.edu
Tue Feb 20 19:17:25 CET 2007

Hello all,

I use R on both windows and a "mainframe" linux installation (RedHat
enterprise 3.0, which they tell me is soon to be upgraded to 4.0). On
windows I installed the package gplots without trouble, and it works fine.
When I attempted to do the same on the unix computer, the following error
message was forthcoming:

downloaded 216Kb

* Installing *source* package 'gplots' ...
** R
** data
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE, lib.loc =
lib.loc) :
          there is no package called 'gtools'
Error: package 'gtools' could not be loaded
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'gplots'
** Removing '/n/fs/disk/resuser02/u/zelickr/R/library/gplots'

The downloaded packages are in
         /tmp/RtmpikM2JW/downloaded_packages
Warning messages:
1: installation of package 'gplots' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages("gplots", lib = "~/R/library")
2: cannot create HTML package index in:
tools:::unix.packages.html(.Library)

Can someone provide the bit of information I need to progress with this?

Thanks very much,

=Randy=

R. Zelick				email: zelickr at pdx.edu
Department of Biology			voice: 503-725-3086
Portland State University		fax:   503-725-3888

mailing:
P.O. Box 751
Portland, OR 97207

shipping: