[R] Ubuntu Linux and X11

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 17 15:21:36 CET 2007

On 17 February 2007 at 11:23, Oleg Sklyar wrote:
| The problem occurs after updating from Dapper to Edgy. Dapper had font
| paths: /usr/share/X11/fonts and Edgy, to make the whole font system
| unified, moved X11 fonts to /usr/share/fonts/X11. Oleg

Good point.  But on my systems , the upgrade only affected Emacs which
'looked ugly' but still worked.  In other words, nothing "failed" after the
Dapper / Edgy upgrade. In particular, R -- which I use day-in and day-out on
Ubuntu at work -- worked just fine.  So I am still puzzled as to exactly how
one can manage to get R so scrippled on Ubuntu that graphics fail...

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison